Admiralty Law; Antitrust; Business Torts; Class Actions; Environmental Liability; Mass Torts; Medical Malpractice; Products Liability; Securities Litigation
Temple University, B.S., 1961
Temple University, LL.B., 1964
Arnold Levin is a Philadelphia native who focuses his practice in the areas of Admiralty Law, Antitrust, Business Torts, Class Actions, Environmental Liability, Mass Torts, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability and Securities Litigation.
Mr. Levin recently achieved inclusion in the “Best Lawyers in America”. He has been named as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by The National Trial Lawyers, and he has been listed on the Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys. In 2011, Mr. Levin was named as one of Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Lawyers in America”.
He was admitted to the bar in 1964 and is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, the U.S. Claims Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Levin has served in the following capacities:
- Co-Lead Counsel, Plaintiffs’ Legal Committee and Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel, In re Orthopedic Bone Screw Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1014 (E.D. of Pa.)
- Co-Lead Counsel, Plaintiffs’ Management Committee and Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel, In re Diet Drugs (Phentermine, Fenfluramine, Dexfenfluramine) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1203 (E.D. of Pa.)
- Member, Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee, In re Rezulin Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1348 (S.D. of NY)
- Member, Executive Committee and Lead Trial Counsel, In Re Asbestos School Litigation, U.S.D.C., Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Master File No. 83-0268
- Member: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Silicone Gel Breast Implants Products Liability Litigation, Master File No. CV-92-P-10000-S; In re Telectronics Pacing Systems, Inc. Accufix Artrial “J” Leads Products Liability Litigation, Case No. MDL-1057 (S.D. Ohio)
- Member, Steering Committee: In re Baxter Healthcare Corporation Gammagard Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1060-R ( C.D. of Calif.); In re Norplant Product Liability Litigation MDL No. 1038 ( E.D. of Texas); and In re Propulsid Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1355 ( E.D. of Louisiana)
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee: In re National Football League Players’ Concussion Litigation, MDL No. 2323
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee: In re Pool Products Distribution Market Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2328
- Lead Counsel In re Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2047.
A graduate of Temple University (B.S., 1961; LL.B., 1964), Mr. Levin was a member of Phi Alpha Delta; Beta Gamma Sigma; Tau Epsilon Rho and the Scabbard & Blade. He served in the United States Army as a captain in the Military Police Corp. He was Article Editor for the Temple Law Quarterly, in 1964.
His published works include the following: “Clearing A Path Through Multi District Litigation,” Trial Magazine, September 1979; “Class Action,” Trial Magazine, May 1982; “Proof of Causation: The Problem of the Indeterminate Defendant and of the Indeterminate Plaintiff,” The Barrister, Winter 1985-1986.
1964, Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits and U.S. Supreme Court; 1983, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania and U.S. Claims Court
Philadelphia (Member: State Judicial Procedure Committee, 1978-; Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Committee, 1978-), Pennsylvania, American (Vice Chairman, Maritime Insurance Law Committee, 1981-1982) and International Bar Associations; Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors, 1978-1981); Pennsylvania Association for Justice (Co-Chairman, Antitrust Section, 1977-); American Association for Justice (Secretary, 1977-1978, Vice Chairman, 1978-1979 and Chairman, 1979-1980, Commercial Litigation Section; Member: Amicus Curiae Committee, 1979-1980, 1992-1997; Trial Subject Advisory Committee, 1979-1980; Chairman, Environmental Law Essay Contest, 1983); Maritime Law Association of the United States.